The City of Pikeville would like to welcome you to our new website. It has been designed from the ground up with customer service in mind with easy access to the most frequently used features while still containing all of the less frequently accessed information you may need. Here are a few features:
- The large icons on the home screen (and nearly every other page) get you to the most frequently needed functions without digging through menus. Some of these include:
- Make your utility and some of your tax payments.
- Apply for a permit or even a job.
- Report potholes or other issues
- Make reservations for community centers, shelters, or the RV park.
- View the minutes of any City Commission meeting going back decades.
- Find out when the next Commission meeting or other City meeting is scheduled.
- The search bar on the home page lets you type what you may be looking for, so you don’t have to dig through menus as often.
- The menus we do have are in the form of drop-down lists and are divided into intuitive categories and are organized, as much as possible, into categories that should be easy to follow. Each drop-down list heading can be clicked on to take you to its own page with more detailed information.
- A new GIS map that can be used to look up zoning information, the location of the nearest fire hydrant, and more. We expect to continually add functionality to this map.
- A new page for the Historic Preservation Board with information about our various historic properties, historic districts, and the potential tax benefits property owners in those areas may be eligible to receive.
Also, please note that the “Report an Issue” page, which features a webform for reporting, also includes links to the new “MyPikeville” mobile application. You will hear more about this app in the weeks to come, but it is intended to allow our citizens to report issues from wherever they are. In addition, it has many of the same links to, for example, pay bills, as the new website.
We hope you enjoy the customer service capabilities of the new page, but we are sure there will be little hiccups along the way. Please don’t hesitate to tell us ways we can improve things for you.